Friday, January 6, 2012

Talented Friends of Crafty and Green Guest Designer!!

TALENTED FRIENDS OF CRAFTY AND GREEN GUEST DESIGNER DAY

This Year, I'm starting something new! I'm going to be having a guest designer EVERY week! I decided to start 2012 out with a bang, celebrating with all my talented and crafty Friends. Each month I will have a Theme and a Sketch. The Guest Designers will follow the Theme and have the option to use the sketch or create something completely unique!
 
I'm So Excited to Introduce my First Talented Friend and Guest Designer of the Year: Lynne Kirsch!

Now- Here's Lynne: 
"How lucky I am to have great friends that give me the opportunity to be her Guest Designer. Tina at Crafty and Green's theme for January is Music Madness. As all creative people, we know we start with one idea and our completed project is a totally different concept!!! 

At times like this, I feel like Sophia from Golden Girls - picture this, my second husband was quite musically inclined and had many instruments which he could play. One of which was a Hammond organ complete with Leslie speakers. Now, this organ was in the game room of the house, and the whole house would reverb with music. Now, one of my friends, Suzie, would come over to sew and/or craft. He would be playing his usual music starting with Misty, Autumn Leaves, and then polkas, and of course as Suzie would call it - free skate!!!! Everytime I watch Charlie Brown with the ice skating scene, it brings back the found memories of his music and Suzie saying "free skate". What made this memory come even further to mind is Bitten by the Bug 2 has a challenge using Winter Wonderland ice skate. Well, between the two of these, I have my project for you . . .




Of course, I used the Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge - this was for the card image cut at 6.00 inches. The back of card is scraps. I embossed the card with my Cuttlebug Snowflake folder. The ice skate was cut at 3.75 inches to fit on top of the card with first the silver and then the white. The white part of the skate was embossed using the Cuttlebug Swirl folder. 


The inside of the card, I used a snowflake stamp with blue ink and kept stamping until the stamp is barely seen. There is no sentiment at this time but all I can think of is "free skate"!!!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my ramblings of "free skate" along with my card!!! Thanks Tina again for asking me to be your Guest Designer.!!!!!"

God Bless and Happy New Year!!!!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne


THANK YOU LYNNE!
Please Stop By Lynne's Blog & Leave her some Love!!

BannerFans.com

6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty!! Love the background you created with the pretty skate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely to have the back story, and I love the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty card.. I love that ice skate... TFS ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ice skate is beautiful.. I love the Golden Girls. funny you say her name and start off and I hear Sophia's voice. LOL love the story :) parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne (and Tina),
    I'm always a sucker for an ice skate b/c my bff is a figure skater! Also, our favorite show EVER is The Golden Girls and we are always talking about it so it's crazy that in your post you mentioned two of our favorite things! Love it! You did a lovely job with your card. Thanks for sharing it here!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping on over at Crafty and Green and for sharing the Love!! I really appreciate it!!

Many Blessings,
Tina