Thursday, April 5, 2012

Talented Friends of Crafty and Green Guest Designer Thursday

 
TALENTED FRIENDS OF CRAFTY AND GREEN GUEST DESIGNER DAY. 
Week # 14
Hello Friends! Welcome to another talent filled Guest Designer Thursday here at Crafty & Green!! I'm really enjoying the diversity of projects from my guest Designers. Just so you know, the Guest Designers will follow the Theme of the month and have the option to use the sketch or create something completely unique!

This Month the theme for my guest designers is Child's Play I'm So Excited to Introduce a Very Talented Friend and My Guest Designer this week:
 
I'm excited to do my first post as a guest designer at Crafty and Green.   Thanks, Tina for having me as a guest designer.

April's theme is Child Play and we also had a sketch that we could use. Most importantly, we are to use things we already have...as Tiny says, Craft Green to Save Green. Well, I most definitely, followed the last part of the requirements. Two years ago I was planning and preparing for my daughter's baby shower. I spent a fortune on Three Bugs In a Rug Animal Stackers paper. Up to that point, I had never spent so much money on a piece of paper and to be honest, I haven't spent that much since then either. With my mom's help we made a bunch of invitations and some party decor items that you can see here.   Tina will be really happy to know that every tiny scrap of paper was hand punched to make confetti for the tables.   What didn't get used for the shower I put in a zip-lock for future use.   

Here is the Sketch for April!
 

So for my card I got out that bag of little scraps to see what I could come up with and this is the result.
 

I used a 5 x 5 card base that I had previously cut and didn't end up using.  I cut a piece of white card stock to fit and ran it through my Cuttlebug. The strips of striped paper are from Animal Stackers, the other strips of paper are also leftovers from the shower.   I got out my sewing machine and stitched some of the strips together and then adhered to the green paper and then just added a strip to some of the brown card stock.   I found a yellow and green piece large enough for the center triangle and circle that I cut with my Cricut.   The little train pieces were already cut so perfect for the center and decided they would be cute inside.  Pretty amazing what you can put together with a few scraps of expensive paper.

So, what are you going to make with your scraps?

Happy Crafting,

Laurie
 
Thanks, Laurie!! Super Cute Card! And YES, I LOVE THE SCRAPS!! hehe!
Please Stop by and Leave Laurie some Love!! 
 
Many Blessings,
Tina

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping on over at Crafty and Green and for sharing the Love!! I really appreciate it!!

Many Blessings,
Tina